This article may contain compensated links. Please read disclaimer for more info.
Table of Contents
How to Avoid the Disneyland Paris Crowds
Disneyland Paris is one of the most popular day trips from Paris. Click here for the list of best day trips from Paris
With its variety of attractions, shows, and parades open all year round, it’s always a great time to visit Disneyland Paris. But if are wondering when to visit Disneyland Paris to avoid the biggest crowds, then this Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar is for you.
This Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar is dedicated to Disneyland Park and we are also going to talk about its most popular rides. If you are interested in Walt Disney Studios Park, instead, you can still use this Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar as a general guide.
In General, the Disneyland Paris crowds depend on four main factors, which we are going to develop below:
- Low season /high season in Paris
- Day of the week
- Holidays in France
- Disneyland Paris’ special events
- Disneyland Paris tickets’ prices
Once you have decided when to go to Disneyland Paris, you can plan your visit to avoid the longest lines. For this, our Disneyland Paris tips to skip the longest lines may come in handy.
Low season /high season in Paris
The low season in Paris is considered from 1st November to 31st March, with the exception of the holiday season (from Christmas to New Year’s Day).
This is the best time to visit Disneyland Paris to avoid the crowds and Disneyland Paris tickets are also cheaper but the weather may not be ideal.
Also, there may be fewer scheduled shows and events during these periods.
The high season in Paris is considered from 1st April to 31st October. It means better weather and more hours of daylight but also more crowds and long lines for the rides.
Day of the Week
If you want to visit Disneyland Paris when the number of visitors is fairly low, choose from Tuesday to Thursday from mid-January to mid-May. However, there may be fewer scheduled shows and events during these periods.
Weekends definitely attract more locals and travelers from Europe in general but the Disneyland Parks also have extended hours during the weekends.
Holidays in France
Avoid planning your trip to Disneyland Paris during the holidays in France. Knowing the holiday calendar in France is key to avoid the biggest Disneyland Paris crowds. Here’s the list of holidays in France:
- New Year’s Day: 1 Jan 2020
- Easter Sunday: 12 Apr 2020
- Easter Monday: 13 Apr 2020
- Labor Day: 1 May 2020
- Victory in Europe Day: 8 May 2020
- Ascension Day: 21 May 2020
- Whit Monday: 1 Jun 2020
- National Day: 14 Jul 2020
- Assumption of Mary: 15 Aug 2020
- All Saints’ Day: 1 Nov 2020
- Armistice Day: 11 Nov 2020
- Christmas Day: 25 Dec 2020
When planning your trip to Disneyland Paris, the school holidays in France are also important to consider.
During the school holidays, kids have two weeks off, and usually, the parents take one week off to be with them and they like to plan family activities like a day to Disneyland Paris. Therefore, expect more local crowds on weekdays during school holidays in Paris.
School holidays in France are divided into geographical areas and each area has different dates for the school holidays – except for the Christmas holidays and summer holidays which are the same dates for everybody.
Paris belongs to the area C and these are the dates of school holidays in Paris:
- All Saints holidays: from 17 October 2020 to 2 November 2020
- Christmas holidays: from 19 December 2020 to 4 January 2021
- Spring holidays: from 17 April 2021 to 3 May 2021
- Pont de l’Ascension: from 12 May 2021 to 17 May 2021
- Summer holidays: from 6 July 2021
Disneyland Paris’ Special Events
Disneyland Paris celebrates Halloween (this year from 26 September 2020 to 1 November 2020) and Christmas (approximately in November and December). During these periods, there are beautiful lights and decorations and special shows that always attract bigger crowds.
If you are very interested in celebrating Halloween or Christmas in Disneyland Paris, try to visit during the weekdays to avoid the biggest crowds.
Disneyland Paris Tickets’ Prices
Disneyland Paris proposes different kinds of tickets and passes. The 1-day dated tickets, for example, are broken down into tiers, and dates covered by more expensive tickets will typically be in higher demand and thus busier. This can be another helpful tip to decide when to go to Disneyland Paris.
DISNEYLAND PARIS CROWD CALENDAR 2020
Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar October 2020
- Low number of guests: from 5 to 9 October 2020, and from 12 to 16 October 2020
- Average number of guests: —
- High number of guests: on weekends, and from 19 to 31 October 2020
Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar November 2020
- Low number of guests: all the weekdays, from 2 November to 30 November 2020
- Average number of guests: —
- High number of guests: on weekends
Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar December 2020
- Low number of guests: weekdays from 1 to 18 December 2020
- Average number of guests: —
- High number of guests: on weekends, and from 21 to 31 December 2020
DISNEYLAND PARIS CROWD CALENDAR 2021
Disneyland Paris Crowd Calendar January 2021
- Low number of guests: on weekdays
- Average number of guests: on weekends from 9 to 31 January 2021
- High number of guests: from 1 to 3 January 2021
How to Shorten the Disneyland Paris Wait Times (All Year Round)
When you book your stay in one of the Disneyland Hotels, you can access the parks before the official opening time, at 9.30 am. Use this extra magic time (from 8.30 am to 9.30 am) to enjoy the most popular rides!
Buy a Disneyland Paris Fastpass
Disneyland Paris Fastpass is a special program that allows you to avoid the longest lines at selected attractions. Indeed, in these attractions, there’s a special line for Disneyland Paris Fastpass holders which is much shorter than the regular line.
With the Disneyland Paris Fastpass, you can get a ticket that assigns you a 30-minute window for that special line. There are a total of eight Disneyland Paris Fastpass rides—six of them at Disneyland Park:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
- Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
- Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain
Of course, these are the most popular rides in Disneyland Paris and the ones that see the longest lines!
When you enter Disneyland Paris, go straight to the most popular rides
Be one of the first visitors to enter the park at 9.30 am and head to your favorite ride, before the lines get long. This easy technique will allow you to skip the longest lines in one or two popular rides.
Join France Bucket List – The France Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join France Bucket List our France Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to Paris or France!