Best Rooftop Bars Paris Guide
When the weather in Paris is good, there are few better ways to enjoy Paris at night than from above, cocktail in hand, admiring the Paris skyline, and gazing across the lights and landmarks that define the city. Luckily for us, there are many great rooftop bars in Paris where you can unwind after a long day of sightseeing and soak up the atmosphere of this beautiful city.
This rooftop bars Paris guide highlights the very best rooftop bars Paris has to offer to hang out this summer. Don’t miss these beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary places for a French apéritif (or al fresco dining) and some of Paris’s best views.
This list of the best rooftop bars in Paris is sorted by Paris Arrondissements (Districts of Paris). You can read more about each Arrondissement in our quick guide to the Arrondissements of Paris.
ROOF by Madame Rêve (Paris 1)
- Location: 43 Rue Étienne Marcel, Paris 1; Metro Étienne Marcel, line 4
- Rooftop views: Saint-Eustache Church, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower
- Opening hours: every day from 4 pm to 1 am
Located at the historic Poste du Louvre and converted into one of the best hotels near the Louvre Museum, ROOF is perhaps the best rooftop bar Paris has to offer for its central location, delicious cocktails, and incredible views. ROOF is the ideal place to relax and enjoy your favorite drink with the company of one of the three dames: Saint-Eustache Church, Notre Dame Cathedral, or the Eiffel Tower.
ROOF is also a hanging garden, filled with cherry trees and other plants everywhere, a true bubble of nature far from the hustle and bustle of the city, and the perfect place for all meetings. Enjoy Paris at your feet with family or friends in this ideal setting.
43 Up on the Roof (Paris 6)
- Location: 4 Rue Danton, Paris 6; Metro Saint-Michel Notre Dame, line 4
- Rooftop views: Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Invalides
- Opening hours: 5 pm to 10.30 pm
This Paris rooftop bar is back on our list! Amongst all the hotels with a rooftop bar in Paris, the Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Notre-Dame is quite central. During the summer, the hotel’s 43 Cocktail Bar moves up onto the roof and becomes the 43 Up On the Roof.
43 Up On the Roof is one of the best bars in Paris with a view. Enjoy a good selection of cocktails and apéritifs served in a cozy atmosphere, plus stunning views of the finest monuments in the capital: Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides, and more.
Rooftop Galeries Lafayette (Paris 9)
- Location: 40 Boulevard Haussmann, Paris 9; Metro Chaussée d’Antin – La Fayette line 7 and line 9
- Rooftop views: Opéra Garnier, rooftops of Paris, the Eiffel Tower
- Opening hours: 10 am to 8 pm from Monday to Saturday; 11 am to 8 pm on Sunday and holidays
After a shopping day at the Grands Boulevards, go up to Galeries Lafayette’s rooftop for a lunch break or a French apéritif. From here, you can admire the Paris skyline with the Eiffel Tower, the Opéra Garnier, Montmartre, and the iconic Parisian rooftops.
The Galeries Lafayette rooftop is huge (1,500 m2), and it has different spaces and atmospheres. The Restaurant Créatures offers Mediterranean recipes by the talented chef Julien Sebbag. Here, all the dishes are 100% vegetarian, with some vegan options (40% of the menu).
The Créatures Cocktail Bar is a splendid green terrace ideal for enjoying beautiful summer days with breathtaking views over the rooftops of Paris. Créatures Rooftop Bar is also one of the coolest bars in Paris with Eiffel Tower view!
Créatures Bakery is the novelty this year, 2023. Fresh out of the oven, soft and crunchy croissants, puff pastries filled with sweet delicacies, and golden brioches will be perfect for your morning meetings. This cool and cozy atmosphere with incredible views is also available for your afternoon tea.
Perchoir Gare de l’Est (Paris 10)
- Location: Place du 11 Novembre 1918, Paris 10; Metro Gare de l’Est Lines 4, 5, and 7
- Rooftop views: rooftops of Paris
- Opening hours: from Tuesday to Friday, from 6.30 pm to 1.30 am; on Saturday, from 5 pm to 1.30 am
Perchoir Gare de l’Est is one of our favorite rooftop bars and one of the best rooftops in Paris for people on a budget.
We love its arty-industrial design, and we love to see beautiful Gare de l’Est from another point of view, from the roof! The wall-spanning arched window at the entrance is imposing, and on the other side, we can see the quintessential Paris rooftops.
The bar proposes cocktails, beers, some tapas, and, of course, music.
Café Oz (Paris 13)
- Location: Cité de la Mode et du Design, 34 Quai d’Austerlitz, Paris 13; Metro Austerliz, lines 5 and 10
- Opening hours: Mondays, from 5 pm to 2 am; Tuesdays, from 5 pm to 3 am; Wednesdays, from 5 pm to 4 am; Thursdays, from 5 pm to 5 am; Saturdays, from 4 pm to 5 am; Sundays, from 4 pm to 5 am.
- Entrance Fee: Fridays and Saturdays, free access until 7 pm, then 20€ with one drink; on Sundays, free access until 8 pm, then 20€ with one drink.
Café d’Oz Rooftop is the most casual rooftop bar Paris has to offer on the Left Bank. Set on the rooftop of the Cité de la Mode et du Design, it’s the ideal place for an alfresco drink, with great Seine River views.
Expect a lively atmosphere with bright colors, giant HD screens with sports broadcasts, an outdoor bar, and a DJ cabin. Depending on the evening, you can find chic apéros, themed-soirées, or match nights.
Faithful to its DNA, Café Oz offers great house cocktails and classics, beers imported from Australia, and famous shooters like the Jagerbomb. As for the cuisine, expect casual eats like pizzas, wraps, burgers, and platters of cheese and charcuterie to share with friends.
Skybar Paris (Paris 14)
- Location: 19 Rue du Commandant René Mouchotte, Paris 14; Metro Gâité – Joséphine Baker, line 13
- Rooftop views: Eiffel Tower, Panthéon, Tour Montparnasse
- Opening hours: Sunday to Wednesday, from 6 pm to 1 am; Thursday to Saturday, from 6 pm to 2 am
The Skybar is an iconic brand founded in 1966, offering nightlife and ambiance where cosmopolitan guests meet. The Skybar was born in the Mondrian Hotel in Los Angeles, and after expanding to Miami and the Bahamas, the concept arrived at the Hotel Pullman in Paris in 2021.
Tired of after a working day or a busy day sightseeing? Climb up to the 32nd floor for a relaxing soirée in the highest open-air rooftop bar in Paris. Here, there’s always something delicious to eat, fantastic cocktails, and a fascinating musical program.
The access to this Paris rooftop bar is through the hotel’s lobby, and the dress code is smart-casual. From Thursday to Saturday, there’s music with a DJ set. This is one of the best rooftop bars in Paris with Eiffel Tower views, so come early for the tables with the best views.
Le Rooftop Molitor (Paris 16)
- Location: 8 Avenue de la Porte Molitor, Paris 16; Metro Porte d’Auteuil, Line 10
- Rooftop views: Molitor pools (Historical Monument), Jardin des Serres d’Auteuil, Eiffel Tower.
- Opening hours: every day from 5 pm to 00 am (solarium).
Since its inauguration in 1929, the Art Déco Piscine Molitor (Molitor swimming pool) entertains chic Parisians during summer in Paris with its two basins, galas, and avant-garde ambiance.
There’s also a colorful rooftop bar – the Rooftop Molitor – offering guests an interesting carte of cocktails that are like a promise of a voyage.
Because of its beautiful Art Déco architecture (the pool is listed as a Historical Monument) and atmosphere, Le Rooftop Molitor is, without any doubt, one of the best Paris rooftop bars.
Peninsula Rooftop Bar Paris (Paris 16)
- Location: 19 Avenue Kléber, Paris 16; Metro Kléber, line 6
- Rooftop views: Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, Arc de Triomphe, rooftops of Paris
- Opening hours: from Sunday to Wednesday, from 4 pm to 0.30 am; from Thursday to Saturday, from 4 pm to 1.30 am
Looking for Paris rooftop bars near the Eiffel Tower? The Peninsula Rooftop Bar Paris comes with amazing views of the Iron Lady.
Located on the 6th floor of the Hotel Peninsula, this Paris rooftop bar is the perfect place for a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Come to Peninsula Rooftop Bar Paris for an elegant atmosphere and one of Paris’ best views.
Feeling hungry? The Peninsula restaurant L’Oiseau Blanc offers delicious French cuisine on an exclusive terrace with more stunning city views.
Brasserie Auteuil Rooftop Terrace (Paris 16)
- Location: 78 Rue d’Auteuil, Paris 16; Metro Porte d’Auteuil, line 10
- Rooftop views: Bois de Boulogne
- Opening hours: every day from 9 am to 2 am.
Located in a former train station of La Petite Ceinture of Paris, Brasserie Auteuil offers a sunny and green rooftop terrace to enjoy your favorite drink with the best Italian cuisine.
Brasserie Auteuil‘s terrace is one of the best rooftops in Paris, a place combining tradition and modern decoration with perfection. It is a relaxing place where, sun or rain, we could spend all our weekend. Aaah . . ‘la dolce vita’ also exists in Paris!
Hotel Raphael Rooftop Bar Paris (Paris 16)
- Location: 17 Avenue Kléber, Paris 16; Metro Kléber, line 6
- Rooftop views: Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Arche de Triomphe, Montparnasse Tower
- Opening hours: every day, from 12 pm to 11 pm (opening beginning of June 2023)
Hotel Raphael Paris is one of the best hotels in Paris with an Eiffel Tower view. The hotel’s ultra-luxurious rooftop bar has one of the most spectacular panoramic views of Paris: it is as if we could touch the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe with our own hands!
Hotel Raphael’s Rooftop Bar usually opens around mid-April, depending on the weather, and closes around mid-September. The rooftop has different atmospheres, from casual chairs in the sun to a more private area to eat surrounded by lots of green plants and white parasols. Whatever place you choose to drink your cocktails, you’ll be halfway to heaven.
Terrass Hotel Rooftop Bar (Paris 18)
- Location: 12-14 Rue Joseph de Maistre, Paris 18; Metro Blanche, line 2 or Abbesses, line 12
- Rooftop views: Montmartre, Paris rooftops, Eiffel Tower, Montparnasse Tower, Les Invalides, La Défense
- Opening hours: Sundays and Mondays, from 3.30 pm to 11.30 pm; from Tuesday to Saturday, from 3.30 pm to 12.30 am
Located on the top of the Terrass Hotel, this is one of the best rooftop bars Paris has to offer on the Right Bank. Inaugurated in 1911, the Terrass Hotel is always one of the best-rated hotels in Montmartre by visitors.
Terrass Hotel Rooftop Bar is one of the best bars with Eiffel Tower view, the perfect rooftop bar in Paris to enjoy life & love. We like it for its urban atmosphere with a romantic touch: it is as if we were in New York!
The rooftop bar has really nice corners furnished with deck chairs, hanging sofas, and parasols.
Bar à Bulles & Le Toit (Paris 18)
- Location: 4bis, Cité Veron, Paris 18; Metro Blanche, line 2
- Rooftop views: Place Blanche
- Opening hours: from Tuesday to Wednesday, from 6 pm to 12 am; Thursdays, from 6 pm to 1 am; Fridays, from 6 pm to 2 am; Saturdays, from 11 am to 2 pm; Sundays, from 11 am to 10 pm
This cozy place in the heart of Pigalle, hidden behind the blades of the Moulin Rouge, is part of La Machine du Moulin Rouge. For decades, La Machine housed the boiler room of one of the most famous Parisian cabarets before becoming a dance club.
The Bar à Bulles is a place of sharing and meeting. From time to time, there are also some events. It is an indoor space with a beautiful rooftop terrace, perfect for brunch in the sun or some drinks.
Le Toit – the rooftop – is a hanging garden populated with fruit trees and with great views of Place Blanche. Le Toit is open to the public of the Bar à Bulles for a drink, tapas, or an aperitif with friends. During the summer season, there are also open-air cinema sessions.
Mama Shelter Paris Rooftop Bar (Paris 20)
- Location: 109 Rue de Bagnolet, Paris 20; Metro Alexandre Dumas, line 2
- Opening hours: every day, from 5 pm to 11 pm
The cool kids love to play, stand, and pose on this Paris rooftop bar that crowns Hotel Mama Shelter: it is as if we were on holiday!
Mama Shelter Rooftop Bar, in the 20th Arrondissement, possibly does not have the best views in Paris, but they know how to keep their guests happy during spring and summer in Paris.
Ping-pong tables, hammocks, nap-inviting mattresses, colorful parasols, and fruity cocktails are the perfect ingredients to spend a good moment with friends. This is definitely one of the must-do rooftop bars in Paris West!
Some interesting articles in the blog
- Have a look at our guide for Paris first-timers here
- Learn about the Arrondissements of Paris Paris
- Learn about the yummy Paris food here
Pin it now & read it later